Group Assured Access
Health benefits for a lifetime
With Group Assured Access, your employees and their families will always have access to an affordable personal health plan. This plan contains no exclusions for existing or new medical conditions and members are covered whether they retire, change jobs or their dependents reach the maximum age of eligibility.
Group Assured Access is only available to eligible Medavie Blue Cross group health plan members and their families in Atlantic Canada.
Benefits for your business
- Low premiums – As with standard group health coverage, there’s the option for your employees to cost-share the premiums.
- Retiree benefits – Group Assured Access ensures your employees will qualify for health coverage at retirement, regardless of age or health status.
- Fiscal advantage – Group Assured Access is a tax-effective way for employers to provide their employees with lifetime access to health benefits.
Benefits for your employees
- Lifetime access to health benefits — They will always have the opportunity to enrol in a comprehensive and affordable health plan without medical underwriting.
- No medical exclusions — There are no exclusions for existing or new medical conditions.
- Access to a comprehensive personal health plan — Hospital and travel benefits are also available.
- No waiting period
- Portability – If a participant becomes covered under a group plan through another employer, he or she can convert to an individual Assured Access plan.