Benefit Program Management
Medavie Blue Cross Government Programs Division administers health care benefits and services on behalf of our federal and provincial clients. Our scope of services in benefit management has continued to grow and adapt, enabling us to customize solutions for our clients.
- We are an information source for our program recipients with regard to benefit entitlement.
- Our clients receive consistent documentation, information and advice regarding their benefits and available services.
- As a result of our membership in the Canadian Association of Blue Cross Plans, we can provide clients with a provincial/local presence on a national level.
We provide benefit program management coast-to-coast for our federal government clients and province-wide for our provincial clients. Within our Government Programs Division, we manage the registration of over 1.7 million eligible program participants.
Types of operational services we provide to our clients:
- Special authorization (drug)
- Treatment authorization
- Health-related travel authorization
- Health professional referrals
- Program eligibility
- Medical consultants special authorization
- Provider inquiry services
- Customer inquiry services
- Communication (provider and clients)