Our Story: 70 Years of Caring
- 1943: Maritime Hospital Service Association commences operations in Nova Scotia.
- 1944: Maritime Hospital Service Association is incorporated in New Brunswick and PEI.
- 1949: Maritime Hospital Service Association is incorporated in Newfoundland.
- 1986: The Maritime Hospital Service Association is renamed Blue Cross of Atlantic Canada.
- 1997: Emergency Medical Care (EMC), a subsidiary of Maritime Medical Care, is incorporated to provide ambulance services to Nova Scotia.
- 1999: Maritime Medical Care and Blue Cross of Atlantic Canada join operations under the trade name Atlantic Blue Cross Care.
- 2001: Atlantic Blue Cross Care assumes responsibility for marketing group benefits in Ontario and Quebec.
- 2003: A new corporate entity called Medavie Inc. is formed.
- 2005: The name Medavie Blue Cross is adopted across all markets.
- 2006: Medavie EMS Group of Companies is formed; EMC is governed under this new entity. Inception of province-wide system in PEI leads to creation of Island EMS.
- 2007: New Brunswick EMS commences operations with the creation of a new province-wide system.
- 2009: Medavie EMS Ontario begins providing service in the Muskoka region.
- 2010: Medavie Health Foundation is launched. Medacom Atlantic created to consolidate 911 service in PEI.
- 2011: Medavie HealthworX is launched to develop innovative and cost-effective health care solutions.
- 2012: Medavie EMS Ontario adds Chatham-Kent to its service regions. Operations in Alberta established through Prairie EMS; operations in Massachusetts established through EasCare Ambulance.
- 2017: Medavie EMS becomes Medavie Health Services.